Lead me to the Rock ...

 


 


Most days I find myself praying out loud, “Lord, lead me to the mother and child you have for us.  Please connect us with the baby you desire us to raise.”  This is my heart’s desire and my earnest cry.  And while it’s good and beautiful, it’s not everything the Lord desires for me in this waiting journey.  

Today I was reminded to press in deeper to the One that holds our family in his hands and sees the rocky road ahead.  I was prompted to sit quietly in God’s presence and reflect on a simple passage full of promises:

 Psalm 61:1-2  “Hear my cry, O God; Attend to my prayer.  From the end of the earth I will cry to You, when my heart is overwhelmed; Lead me to the ROCK that is higher than I.”

 


This Psalm of David highlights assurance and shelter for those who trust in their Protector.  The result of abiding in the solid Rock is preservation and praise; unmoving peace for the anxious heart.  Life grows more overwhelming by the day, and yes, so much is shifting around us like coarse, unstable sand.  But God promises to be the solid Rock we can lean into.  He longs to be the firm foundation his children need to stand upon to scan the horizon.

And He lovingly only allows us to see but so far.  He asks us to trust him with the miles out of view.  This is the true faith walk.

As we wait for adoption, my new cry and pray is, "Direct us not only to an expectant mother and child, but lead us to The Rock that is higher than I!"  Thank you, Father, that You stand taller and wider than I am.  Thank you that your view of the road ahead is broad and clear far above me. What assurance this gives me that I can cry out to you any time of day and run to your sheltering Rock face for security.




Hymn to consider:  Rock of Ages by: Augustus Toplady, 1776 

Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee;
Let the water and the blood,
From Thy wounded side which flowed,
Be of sin the double cure,
Save from wrath and make me pure.

Not the labor of my hands
Can fulfill Thy law’s demands;
Could my zeal no respite know,
Could my tears forever flow,
All for sin could not atone;
Thou must save, and Thou alone.

Nothing in my hand I bring,
Simply to Thy cross I cling;
Naked, come to Thee for dress;
Helpless, look to Thee for grace;
Foul, I to the fountain fly;
Wash me, Savior, or I die.

While I draw this fleeting breath,
When my eyes shall close in death,
When I rise to worlds unknown,
And behold Thee on Thy throne,
Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee.


Please share our contact information with anyone interested in adoption (jerams@gmail.com)Our profile is also listed at a site called Pair Tree Family: https://pairtreefamily.com/adoption-parents/jerams.  Want to partner with us financially?  Go to www.adopttogether.org and search Gillette family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a Homecoming!

A Christmas Miracle!

His fingerprints are evident ...